Friday, February 8, 2008

Healthy ,Delicious, and Organic Snack!!


For those of you who don't know who Sara Snow is you must check her out!! I saw her on Jon and Kate+8 and was hooked. She is an Organic Guru. Anything from going green in the kitchen to your cleaning products she has the info. to take you there.
I have just recently started to try and feed my family as much Organic as I possibly can. Although it can be pricey at times I feel like I helping my family learn a better, healthier lifestyle!!!

I can totally tell a difference in my Little Man when he has more sugar in his diet and eats less healthy foods!! My wake up call was whenever I asked him what he wanted to eat he said "A BURGER"!! WHOAH, OK we need to chill with the Happy Meals!
And while we still have that occasional night when I just don't feel like cooking and I need a cooking break that we go out to eat and maybe have fast food, I still try and limit it because I know in the long run I'm teaching him a good lesson in Health!!

I wanted to share a recipe of Sara's I found on her website that you can check out HERE!! She is awesome and I wanted to share these YUMO Energy Bars with you that I am now hooked on!!

Energy Sustaining Breakfast Bars

2 1/2 cups old fashioned organic quick oats
1/2 cup whole flax seed
1/4 cup organic dark cocoa power (or slightly less)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 t spirulina
1/2 to 1 cup HOT water

INSTRUCTIONS
Stir ingredients together.
Form into individual sized paddies, like hamburgers.
Wrap in plastic wrap and keep in freezer or fridge.

They are amazing! I have to admit when I was mixing them up I thought to myself this is gonna be disgusting! But once they sat in the fridge over night they were awesome!! My Little Man loves them and I feel good that I am feeding him a healthy snack rather that something processed and with alot of ingredients that I can't even spell, pronounce or much less know what they are!!

So here's to eating a Healthy, Happy Snack!!!

Visit Sara Snow on Discovery
and also at her own website She's great!!!

No comments: